Sunday, August 1, 2010

The last 2 days in Honduras

Wow! I cannot believe that I am now already back in the States. I feel like the trip flew by way too fast!!  Well the last day and a half in Honduras were great! Our day Friday started off nice and early at about 5:40am, which is when the boys day starts.  It was really the only day that I actually got up with the bell that rings to tell the boys to get up and head to breakfast.  After getting my bag all packed and ready to go I headed down to hang out on the front porch of the conference center so that i could tell all of the boys good bye as they were heading to class.  It was sad having to leave so soon.  We left the farm about 7:30 and headed towards the Maunuelito Project (I probably mispelled that) which is in Talanga that takes kids off the streets of Tegucigalpa and transitions them into living in houses and starts them on a path of education.  We got there and took a quick tour of the school and then headed off to the Valley of the Angels (which is a Tourist City, even said it on the sign entering the town). We had lunch there and then did some souvenir shopping. (I bought a hammock which I am pretty stoked about!!) After shopping until we dropped we headed on in to Tegucigalpa to the Guest House at the World Gospel Mission offices there in Teguc.  We got all settled in and then went off to dinner at Asado El Gordo where we proceeded to eat way too much food!!  Went back to the guest house and had a final little debriefing and devo time and then got ready for bed.  Saturday morning started off nice and early as I woke up at about 5:40am and couldn't get back to sleep so I got up and got ready.  We had some amazing cinnamon rolls and then headed off the the air port.  The rest of the day was pretty uneventful which is always a good thing when you are traveling internationally! We arrived back in the States at about 4pm Central Time and back to Midland about 10:30 and back here in Artesia about 1:30am this morning. Although this is the freshest trip on my mind at the time I do really feel that this was one of the best if not the best mission trip I have been on.  God's presence was so undeniably present and His voice was clearer to me than it has been in a while!  It is amazing how God shows up in ways in your life that you never expect!  My friend Brent sent me a text about 2 weeks ago telling me that as he was praying for me that he really felt that God was starting to work in a new way in my life and he was right, because God is definitely more actively working in my life right now! It is so cool and so inspiring to know that when we live according to God's will and purpose for our lives how He provides all that we need to live!!  I am pretty physically tired right now, but emotionally and spiritually I feel so rejuvenated and ready for God to continue the work He has started in my life!!  Praise be to THE ONE TRUE GOD!!
Standing Amazed at my Savior
sg

No comments:

Followers