Thursday, July 29, 2010

The Final Day Here at El Sembrador

Well today has been the last full day here at El Sembrador.  This makes me kinda sad :-(.  Today has been another full day!! We finished up what we could on the boys dorm this morning and then had some time to talk and visit with some of the boys before lunch which is always fun! I am enjoying trying to talk with them in Spanish and vice a versa. The conversations are slow, but they are definitely fun!! I feel that I am picking up more and more of it.. too bad I have to leave tomorrow. I guess I will have to practice more when I get back home to the States.  We had lunch and after that we headed over to El Carbon a community that is right across the reservoir.  There we were able to interact with some of the children there as well as a few adults.  We sang songs in Spanish and also played games! I didn't get any video but I did get pictures as well as recorded the singing!  It is such a blessing seeing the joy in the faces of the people here!! Oh yeah, I almost forgot!!  I got to impersonate a monkey for the kids (and adults) 3 times because they were trying to guess and Sherry (one of the Missionaries here)also needed a picture of it.. good news though, I did not break any toes!!  After El Carbon we walked back over to the school and then got ready and headed to Catacamas where we walked up to the Cross there and then went to a store there in town to get a few things for a couple of the boys that we took with us into town.  On the way back here to the school I sat next to David (Daveed) and we talked about our families and lives he is a little bit older than some of the boys here but he is trying to finish up his studies for high school to move on.  It was fun trying to talk with him! (Thankfully Sherry was sitting in the seat in front of us so that if either of didn't know how to say a word we would ask her, as well as refer to the book I bought in Houston.)  After getting back from town they had the conference center set up for dinner where they had prepared steak for us and a few of the boys served us supper.  I felt so completely humbled by their hospitality and was blown away by the love showed to us by them.  I ate way too much at supper but it was quite amazing! We did a little bit of shopping here at the little store here in the conference center and settled up our snack bar bills.  Then after dinner we played some more futbolito!!!!  I know that I will be incredibly sore tomorrorw but we had a great time playing with and interacting with the boys again playing futbol!!  After that Jerry and Sherry Murphy the Missionaries here shared with us their story of how the came to be here at El Sembrador!  It once again was inspiring!!  I am sad to know that we are leaving tomorrow and am looking forward to the day when I will get to come back here!! It is bittersweet for sure.  I dont think I will be able to blog tomorrow night, but will finish up blogging about my adventures here in Honduras as soon as I can.  This has been a great experience for me and truly cannot wait till I get the chance to come back! God has shown me so much!! I came here tired and worn out physically, mentally, and emotionally and was honestly not super excited about having to be gone for another week.  But God has been more than faithful and has been at every turn and with me giving me rest and energy and refreshing and rejuvenating my heart and spirit. I might be physically tired when I get back to the states but I do know that God in His infinite power can take care of that! I know also that God has refreshed my spirit and given me a greater desire to run hard after him! 
Gracias a Dios (Thanks be to God)
sg

No comments:

Followers