Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Day 5 I think????

I think today is day numero five here in Honduras!  It has been one amazing day!!  It has been a day full of all sorts of blessings and God showing Himself to us as a group through the people here in Honduras!!  Today was the first day we had no rain delays during our work day which allowed us to get a great amount of work done!!  The tiredness has now gone and I am feeling rested and rejuvenated each morning (well after 2 cups of coffee each morning!!). During work as well as in our breaks we are getting to interact with some of the boys which is always fun! I am slowly picking up some Spanish and able to communicate on a very limited level with the boys but it is a great joy! I can truly say that I am falling in love with this country and the people of Honduras and the people here at the Escuela El Sembrador!!  At the end of work today Tory and Meg started playing with a few little girls who are children of some of the people who work here at the school.  They didn't know any English and Meg and Tory have very limited Spanish but they played with them for a good hour to hour and a half! It was great to see them interact with them! The girls even came to church tonight with us and it was great to see the little girls look at Tory and Meg and Kacy (one of the girls from West Virginia) with much adoration and joy! The joy of a child is so contagious!! Tonight during church they let us lead the singing for the night!! We picked some songs that the director Christian helped us pick that he knew in both Spanish and English so we were able to sing the verses in English and the Christian would lead them in Spanish!! It was such an amazing time of Worship!! It has been so great getting to Worship my Lord and Savior in so many different ways as I have traveled this summer!! Christian the director also spoke tonight and had another guy named Mark translate for us so that we could hear what he had to say as well! What he said hit me deep and was more confirmation on what God has already been speaking into my heart!  The night ended with us getting to play Futbalito with the boys!!! It was great fun although I am pretty sure I wont be able to get out of bed in the morning...  It was so much fun and although we didnt really score that much we had a blast interacting with the boys in their niche!!  Today has definitely been the highlight of this trip and possibly my summer!! God is so amazing and I just cant wait to see what else He has in store for the rest of this trip as well as the rest of this year!!  Continue to pray for El Sembrador and the boys here.  Tomorrow looks to be a great day as well and I will tell you all about that tomorrow night!!  Blessings to you all!!
Still in awe of my Amazing Savior!
sg

No comments:

Followers